Another exciting artist returning home for the One Africa Arts Festival on November 19 is Port Elizabeth-born Jazz and R&B singer Mariloe Booysen.
Her distinct sound is a hybrid of many genres RnB/Soul and Jazz. She classifies it as ZAZZO.
Now living in Gauteng, Booysen is ranked #1 in Pretoria on the Reverbnation charts for R&B / Soul.
The singer/songwriter released her first Single with Producer Trey Andre in USA in 2012, and has performed in a number of venues across the United States.
Booysen will be part of a line-up which includes Eastern Cape-born and raised national Afro Rock queen Camagwini as well as one of South Africa’s best reggae groups, the Azania Band.
Local favourite Afro Soul singer Brown Sugah will be joined by three local hip hop acts on November 19 at the Grand Hotel in Central from two in the afternoon.
In addition to the music there will be art, food and fashion exhibitions.
Tickets for the One Africa Festival are available at Computicket for R100, and tickets at the door will cost R150.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 103rd SS Mendi Anniversary - 20 February 2020
- 75 Applications For Own Energy Use Approved - 20 February 2020
- Businesses need to remain resilient and agile - 20 February 2020
- Nelson Mandela Bay River Mile - 20 February 2020
- This Week’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 AND a Bit - 20 February 2020