Saldanha Airfield – This Friday and Saturday will see the return of the Saldanha Drags drag racing tournament to the Saldanha Airfield, with Monster Energy’s Jason Webb in the mix.
The event has competitors race over a distance of 804 meter to see who can be crowned the fastest over the half-mile distance. All the excitement of the pre-event hype can be tracked on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/saldanhadrags/
Webb is looking forward to the event. “ Saldanha Drags is one of the most prestigious drag racing events the country has to offer,” said Webb on this weekend’s tournament. “Being a part of it with my 850hp Roush Performance Ford Mustang Drift Car is exciting because I’ve never entered into a drag racing event and now I get to do it with my Drift Car at this prestigious 800m drag strip.”
There are a number of reasons why Saldanha Drags is so important an event for Webb.
“I think the most exciting part of the event for me is when I finally get to see if my car will stop after the 800m mark,” said Webb. “All jokes aside, I’m excited to engage within a different community of motor racing, showing that not only do I have some drift skills but maybe I can go straight as well.
Webb will be driving his Monster Energy/Roush Performance Ford Mustang Supercharged V8, and is hoping to achieve speeds of up to 250 kph on the airfield course.
Date 29th & 30th November 2019
Friday Night 400m Outlaw Drags.
Saturday Main Event 800m Top End Drags.
Tickets are R150 per person for the Fri & Sat
VIP tickets R300 (Limited)
Children 6 – 12 years old are R50
Under 6 Year old are free
Video: Jason Webb To Compete In Saldanha Drags
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- The Shoprite Group fights packaging waste to build a sustainable future - 21 January 2020
- SPAR Women’s Challenge changes lives – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020
- Root finds right recipe as England go ahead in test series – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 January 2020
- Cricket: Rabada surprised by ban, sorry for letting team down – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 January 2020
- How Delicious Can Love be? – MyPR.co.za - 21 January 2020