Today, 26 April 2018, the ANC’s lack of credibility and inability to govern was yet again made evident.
This after the Port Elizabeth Commercial Crimes Court sentenced Nelson Mandela Bay Ward 20 ANC councillor, Bongo Nombiba, to 5 years direct imprisonment.
Nombiba was found guilty of fraud and money laundering last month after he stole R20 000 out of a discretionary fund that was allocated for a NGO.
This proves the ANC cannot be trusted with the people’s money and that they are incapable of governing the City.
The DA-led coalition has shown it has zero tolerance for criminal and corrupt behaviour. The systematic looting of the Municipality’s coffers at the hands of the corrupt ANC brought the City to its knees. As a result the voters of NMB removed the ANC from office in 2016.
Under the leadership of Mayor Athol Trollip and his team, the City has begun making progress towards a better future for all its residents through job creation and delivery of better services.
Since the DA-led coalition took over government in 2016 total change has come to NMB and a clean-up began to root out all forms of corruption and ensure a clean administration.
DA EC Provincial Spokesperson
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- South Africa (SA) sides determined to bounce back on Guinness PRO14 tour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020
- Boosting a sense of belonging and growing confidence with uniforms - 21 February 2020
- The people of Inxuba Yethemba Municipality demand better services - 21 February 2020
- Next Mazda BT-50 vs New Isuzu D-Max: What’s the Difference? – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 February 2020
- Australia vs South Africa Live Stream ? How To Watch Cricket Game Online TV CovERage – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020