Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality Executive Mayor Athol Trollip talks about the march by the new opposition last week and how his reply to their 14 page Memorandum of demands is going to be embarrassing.
Apparently the 14 page memorandum deals with service delivery issues that have not been dealt with.
“The irony,” said Trollip during his 100 days report back “is that the issues have been coming for years.”
The application for the march was for a maximum of 5 000 marchers and it was attended by approximately 200. “If that is all the opposition could muster to have a protest about service delivery in this city it speaks volumes about what we have achieved in a hundred days compared to what they didn’t do in the last 23 years,” commented Trollip.
“It’s going to be a very embarrassing response which they demand within 14 days and they will get within the next three days and I will make sure the media get it too – both the memorandum and the response – it’s going to be embarrassing!” concluded Trollip
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Repo rate remains unchanged - 21 November 2019
- 8 Year Trade Agreement to Generate over R30 Million Sales Revenue for Rural Farmers - 21 November 2019
- Understatement of the Year; “SOEs remain under pressure” - 20 November 2019
- 100 Free Tickets Available - 20 November 2019
- Organisation expanding expertise to the African diaspora - 20 November 2019