Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality Executive Mayor Athol Trollip talks about the march by the new opposition last week and how his reply to their 14 page Memorandum of demands is going to be embarrassing.
Apparently the 14 page memorandum deals with service delivery issues that have not been dealt with.
“The irony,” said Trollip during his 100 days report back “is that the issues have been coming for years.”
The application for the march was for a maximum of 5 000 marchers and it was attended by approximately 200. “If that is all the opposition could muster to have a protest about service delivery in this city it speaks volumes about what we have achieved in a hundred days compared to what they didn’t do in the last 23 years,” commented Trollip.
“It’s going to be a very embarrassing response which they demand within 14 days and they will get within the next three days and I will make sure the media get it too – both the memorandum and the response – it’s going to be embarrassing!” concluded Trollip
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Grey Hammers Grey - 21 July 2019
- So, Allow the Cynic in me to comment on Round Umpteen of the Proposed Fish Farm - 21 July 2019
- Colourful Kanu - 20 July 2019
- Child support grants cannot be used as income in credit applications - 19 July 2019
- New recycling process to help tackle the world’s plastic waste problem - 19 July 2019