Images from our 2000 Cape to Rio De Janeiro trip have been lying in a scrap book waiting the motivation to digitise and share them. This video represents a portion of the images and press cuttings from that incredible trip.
On 8 January 2000, Alan and Glynnis set off with 4 crew on the Cape Town to Rio de Janeiro Yacht Race on Myott Chubb Protector. Algoa Bay Yacht Club was well represented with Greenwich Warrior (Phil Gutsche) and High Noon (Jon Gailbraith also taking part in the 76 strong fleet. Dubbed the “Toughest Rio Yet” only 32 yachts made the cut off with many retirements and a sinking.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Eastern Province in the Quarter-finals of SuperSport Rugby Challenge - 25 June 2017
- Springbok Home Test headed for Port Elizabeth - 23 June 2017
- NMB Taking Steps to Curb Network Losses and Illegal Electricity Connections - 22 June 2017
- MBDA welcomes another clean audit for 2015/16 financial year - 22 June 2017
- Expletive Free Insults - 22 June 2017