Images from our 2000 Cape to Rio De Janeiro trip have been lying in a scrap book waiting the motivation to digitise and share them. This video represents a portion of the images and press cuttings from that incredible trip.
On 8 January 2000, Alan and Glynnis set off with 4 crew on the Cape Town to Rio de Janeiro Yacht Race on Myott Chubb Protector. Algoa Bay Yacht Club was well represented with Greenwich Warrior (Phil Gutsche) and High Noon (Jon Gailbraith also taking part in the 76 strong fleet. Dubbed the “Toughest Rio Yet” only 32 yachts made the cut off with many retirements and a sinking.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- This past Sunday on Bird Island - 19 September 2017
- Goals from Last Home Game for NMU Netball Team - 19 September 2017
- Coega hailed as the best SEZ on the African Continent - 18 September 2017
- Full Southern Kings Team Available for Zebre Game - 18 September 2017
- Get your Free Will Here - 18 September 2017