Images from our 2000 Cape to Rio De Janeiro trip have been lying in a scrap book waiting the motivation to digitise and share them. This video represents a portion of the images and press cuttings from that incredible trip.
On 8 January 2000, Alan and Glynnis set off with 4 crew on the Cape Town to Rio de Janeiro Yacht Race on Myott Chubb Protector. Algoa Bay Yacht Club was well represented with Greenwich Warrior (Phil Gutsche) and High Noon (Jon Gailbraith also taking part in the 76 strong fleet. Dubbed the “Toughest Rio Yet” only 32 yachts made the cut off with many retirements and a sinking.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Entrepreneur Interview - 24 March 2018
- Volkswagen Nelson Mandela Bay Surf Pro to kick off 2018 City Surf Series - 23 March 2018
- Happiness is – 50 More Slots for Women - 23 March 2018
- A Black Elephant Spewing Manganese - 23 March 2018
- A Fortune Most Admired Company and Top Employer… in Uitenhage - 23 March 2018