To feel a distinct sense of unease when one reads such words from the mouth of our President; “We have lost a disciplined veteran and a true revolutionary who sacrificed his youth and risked his life for the liberation of South Africa. He was passionate about political education and development programmes.”
Dare we say that the President seems to be existing in a parallel universe called ‘la la land’?
The statement above taken from this recent release:
President Jacob Zuma says he is saddened by the death of renowned struggle veteran Riot Mkhwanazi.
Mkhwanazi was also a recipient of The Order of Mendi for bravery.
The President bestowed him with the National Order for his excellent and vibrant contribution to the liberation of the people of South Africa.
In 1963, he and President Zuma were arrested and both served 10 years imprisonment on Robben Island.
“We have lost a disciplined veteran and a true revolutionary who sacrificed his youth and risked his life for the liberation of South Africa.
“He was passionate about political education and development programmes. We wish to convey our deepest condolences to the Mkhwanazi family and may his soul rest in peace,” said President Zuma. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Paul Gardiner says; “It is Time” - 16 July 2019
- MonsterJam Poker Tour - 16 July 2019
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019