Some serious immediate thought needs to be done to plan for what happens after this pandemic
At present no-one is willing to put a definitive time scale on the cessation of infections from Coronavirus.
Tourism is taking a heavy beating, airlines are literally winding down, large manufacturers are closing production.
The next wave of economic growth will come from businesses, countries, provinces, metropolitan areas, cities and towns that remain COVID-19 free and are able to ramp up production and offer tourists safe haven in quick time.
That area will get a much needed and timely boost to economic recovery.
The slate will be ‘wiped clean’ and we will be able to compete on an ‘equal footing’ with more favourable areas that would have been hit harder by the Novel Coronavirus.
HOW can we do that?
NOW is the time to declare our city of Port Elizabeth in complete lock down.
IF we have the resources then we could extend that to the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropole or even the Eastern Cape Province.
Today, Ngok, Nou people!
Our country needs pockets of COVID-19 free areas in order to survive and thrive once this pandemic is over.
Read More about the Coronavirus: http://mype.co.za/new/tag/coronavirus/
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What will happen to tourism After COVID-19 - 8 April 2020
- SABC to air school lessons - 8 April 2020
- Calls for rape apologist to be removed as Minister - 8 April 2020
- Minister Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams’ pocket spanked for Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown lunch - 8 April 2020
- Locally developed low-cost Salutaris bag mask ventilator - 8 April 2020