The excitement is mounting as scores of athletes get ready to embark on one of the biggest sports events in the country. With over 2000 athletes expected this year, it’s no wonder that many local fans are waiting in anticipation for this year’s IRONMAN African Championships. And it’s no surprise, because the Nelson Mandela Bay is set to host the IRONMAN World Championships in September 2018!
With over 80 000 spectators expected this weekend, the Nelson Mandela Bay is going to be buzzing with activity. The business community and general public are gearing up for the boost to the city’s economy. Not only is the hospitality industry going to experience the rush, but tourism as a whole is going to benefit from this year’s boastful activities.
There is also the expected pouring of local participants who will flood the bay, with the usual expectation of local sports stars and personalities. Having hosted the past 14 races, the Nelson Mandela Bay has set itself as the benchmark of triathlon races.
“The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber would like to wish all participants good luck with the Standard Bank IRONMAN African Championship,” said Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber CEO Nomkhita Mona.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- What a sedentary, social media lifestyle, could lead to… - 18 August 2018
- Huge contest expected in Durban – Siya Kolisi - 17 August 2018
- One Southern King Nominated for 2017/18 Guinness PRO14 Dream Team - 17 August 2018
- CEO by day, Ironman in the early mornings, after work and on weekends - 17 August 2018
- Residential Building Activity Trends - 17 August 2018