With reference to the implementation of the Integrated Public Transport system in October this year, the Municipality has scheduled a series of IPTS public participation meetings, starting on Monday, 20 August 2012, at 15h30 at the Raymond Mhlaba Centre, the first of 11 such meetings scheduled in areas located along the initial seven routes on which the buses will operate initially.
At the public meetings, residents will be provided with more information on the system, particularly the exact routes where the buses will run, the proposed ticketing system, start-off points, etc.
The initial seven IPTS routes are:
- Route 300: PE Central Business District – Triangle
- Route 301: PE Central Business District – Coega
- Route 302: PE Central business District – NMMU
- Route 303: PE Central business District – Airport
- Route 304: PE Central business District – Greenacres
- Route 305: Uitenhage CBD – Despatch
- Route 306: Uitenhage CBD: KkwaNobuhle
The implementation of the IPTS will bring Nelson Mandela Bay significantly closer to its vision of becoming a world-class city and will provide commuters with a safe, reliable, convenient and affordable public transport system.