Ahead of the 7 May National Elections you would do well to acquaint yourself with the Political Parties registered on the National level for the elections.
Today we introduce you to: Independent Ratepayers Association of SA – IRASA
IEC Status: Registered
Contact person: IZAK DAVID BERG
Telephone: 011 9025984
Fax: 011 9025529
Postal address: P.O. BOX 813, ALBERTON, 1450
IRASA – is a Ratepayers Association registered with the IEC and formed in the Ekurhuleni Metro.
IRASA – Our pledge to a democratic South Africa:
- Our principles are enshrined in the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
- We believe that every citizen has the right to partake in a free-market system, citizens should have the right to dignity and protection from the State.
- Every citizen has the right to exercise freedom of association and to practice any religion of their choice.
- Every citizen has the right to own property and to live in a safe society without fear of crime and violence.
- We IRASA reject racism of any nature against any cultural, religious group or race, we regard the Constitutional Court of the Republic of South Africa as the highest authority in the Country.
- IRASA believes that every citizen has the right of access to an unbiased justice system. We believe that children should be protected at all times and that none should suffer abuse in any form what-so-ever, animals must be protected by legislation and receive medical assistance when so required. IRASA believes that Ratepayers should receive value for their money in the form of service delivery by Local, Provincial and National Government.
- We believe that every one should have the right to protect themselves, their loved ones and property by any legal means available or any legislation in place and to follow such processes.
- The IRASA Constitution is explicit in it’s views on the above and can be read in conjunction with this document.
This information is gathered from the IEC and the above party website or publicly available documents.
Some essential links ahead of the elections:
Click here to see ALL 2014’s registered national parties.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Time is Running Out - 19 February 2019
- Homecoming for Amanda Black - 19 February 2019
- Baakens River Pedestrian Bridge - 19 February 2019
- The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round - 19 February 2019
- Why one of Newton Park’s Last Roads to be tarred was McAdam Street - 19 February 2019