As much as colonialism was mostly about the subjugation and stealing from the hosts of respective regions, it shouldn’t be used to vilify later generations who were not participants in its evil side.
Just like sidelining White people nowadays from jobs who were either apolitical, unaware or indifferent to the brutality of Apartheid. Helen Zille’s condescending Tweet was bordering on racism, but it was really the celebration of perceived white supremacy over some Black smart alecs who are actually insecure snobs. I am definitely not condoning Mrs Zille’s frustrated jibes as there are many ignorant racists who believe that before White people arrived in Africa, there was no Sky, Sun let alone Oxygen to breathe for the natives.
Like it or not, as the late legendary singer Al Jerreau put it: “We are in this love together”, meaning the country South Africa in this context. Let’s leave this Colonialism / Settler and Backward / Indolent African Race JIBES and add value to the country and each other. Grow Up ! Please.
Besides, in most Third World homogeneous nations there is almost always minimal Law & Order, if at all; bordering on utter Chaos & Damnantion eg. Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Mexico, Bangladesh, Colombia etc. as Accountability is a swear-word to beings of the same madding crowd mentality & outlook in life.
Different race groups are mostly a guideline and motivation for prosperity as positive competition and inspiration improve the quality of living for all concerned. We need our diversity for introspection, responsibility and accountability.
RESPECT (and disrespect) is the Start and/or the End of any Interaction.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: Bhisho Stars start SAB League playoffs with win - 15 June 2019
- PE Business News: Mourners pay last respects to ANC stalwart Thobile Mhlahlo - 15 June 2019
- Mthatha News: Traditional healer / love spell caster in Mauritius +27631765353 UK USA Ireland Canada Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark - 15 June 2019
- Grahamstown News: Vacant Land / Plot for Sale in Oatlands North - 15 June 2019
- Makhanda News: South Africa: Minister Lindiwe Sisulu Intervenes in Water and Sanitation Crisis in Makhanda - 15 June 2019