This floating ‘townhouse complex’ accommodates 2 199 passengers in 856 cabins and is 251.25 metres long – a whole lot longer than the boat the Longhair and I sailed to Rio de Janeiro on in the 2000 Cape to Rio yacht race. In fact her beam of 28 metres would accommodate two of the 43 foot yachts we sailed on and her height at 54 metres positively dwarfs any large yacht.
Frankly it was her height that interested me more as I wanted to grab a couple of panoramic images of Port Elizabeth from the harbour atop MSC Opera.
Lunch for the media on the MSC Opera pic.twitter.com/yRbLsceQJp
— Port Elizabeth (@MyPE) November 13, 2013
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- If you said THIS about Eskom then you were right…. - 19 March 2019
- Electricity Day Zero looming - 19 March 2019
- 400 Km/h and 0-100 in 1.9 Seconds and it is a …… - 19 March 2019
- Is five percent economic growth possible? - 18 March 2019
- Mobility of the Future - 18 March 2019