The South African Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre (MRCC) is asking for the assistance of all sea-going folk to report sightings of the Motor Yacht Reliance.
On 17 August 2016 the MRCC received information from the French authorities regarding a yacht that was at anchor illegally in their territorial waters. The vessel reportedly weighed anchor on 14 August 2016 at 0234UTC heading in a south easterly direction, probably to South Africa.
Vessel details as follows:
- Vessel Name: Motor Yacht “RELIANCE”
- Call Sign: ZGED
- MMSI: 319085700
- Flag: Cayman Islands
MRCC Cape Town is requesting that any sea going folk who spot this vessel to please report such sighting to the nearest Port Authority or to +27 (0)21 938 3300.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Port Elizabeth brings its best to the 2019 ENGEN Pitch & Polish event - 15 July 2019
- Implementing Liquefied Natural Gas with Coega as the Hub - 15 July 2019
- Leopard relocation dispute – Buffalo Kloof Private Game Reserve’s response - 15 July 2019
- Filipino Crewman Evacuated off Bulk Carrier - 15 July 2019
- One More Reason Why Foreign Visitors are a God Send - 15 July 2019