I was recently clued in to a sad fact – Even although words are my game and many rely on me creating, tweaking, editing and publishing said words I am an amateur, a child, a nincompoop and a pauper in comparison to my learned friends who qualified as lawyers.
A friend told me that his lawyer charged R53.00 per e-mail, even for those that were only EIGHT FARGING WORDS long! Apparently this is a discounted ‘friend of the family’ rate. I have no way of proving that though.
So based on the above I did a quick calculation:
- An email of 8 words then costs R6.62 per word
- On average I read, edit, write and publish around 35 articles per day
- Lets assume that each article is 400 words long
- Ergo – R6.62 * 35 * 400 = R92 680.00 PER DAY!
If I was studying law and affected by #FeesMustFall I wouldn’t be happy having my opportunity to sell my words delayed in such a manner.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- May Slams “Leaders” - 22 May 2019
- City Bids on The Ocean Race – Bigger Than Ironman - 22 May 2019
- Mpho Mokonyama - 22 May 2019
- Standard Bank IRONMAN 70.3 South Africa Entries Open - 21 May 2019
- Traditional welcome for Anna of The Ocean Race technical team - 21 May 2019