The Independent Electoral Commission is ready to deliver free and fair elections on the 1st March 2006, but it will not be able to deliver free and fair elections if the voter turnout is low.
The Nelson Mandela Bay’s Elections Working Group has taken up the challenge to ensure that all the necessary campaigns are in place so that when the Minister of Local Government makes a Proclamation early in January 2006, Nelson Mandela Bay has at least touched base with the electorate.
There are about 9 000 uncollected Identity Documents, which is a very large number, at the office of the Department of Home Affairs.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Consumers cautioned against excessive spending as repo rate remains unchanged - 25 May 2018
- SA Express Suspended - 24 May 2018
- Repo rate unchanged at 6.5% - 24 May 2018
- You can have any Colour you like, So long as it is Black - 24 May 2018
- To fix dysfunctional municipalities, you must start from the ground up - 24 May 2018