The Independent Electoral Commission is ready to deliver free and fair elections on the 1st March 2006, but it will not be able to deliver free and fair elections if the voter turnout is low.
The Nelson Mandela Bay’s Elections Working Group has taken up the challenge to ensure that all the necessary campaigns are in place so that when the Minister of Local Government makes a Proclamation early in January 2006, Nelson Mandela Bay has at least touched base with the electorate.
There are about 9 000 uncollected Identity Documents, which is a very large number, at the office of the Department of Home Affairs.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and Cycling South Africa present the Africa Cup - 16 July 2019
- New Mantis website launched - 16 July 2019
- Responsible Business - 16 July 2019
- Library and Literacy Centre opens in Zwide - 16 July 2019
- Paul Gardiner says; “It is Time” - 16 July 2019