A recent report – http://mype.co.za/new/42-of-water-lost-between-dam-and-tap/76066/2016/09 – stated that the Nelson Mandela Bay Metropole loses 42% of it’s water from Dam to Tap.
From personal experience with an elusive water leak I now have new empathy for the Municipality finding all those leaks from Dam to Tap.
The leak you see on our property above literally took us three months to find as we installed stop cocks along all lines, broke concrete, shouted at water users, gave up and returned and all the while couldn’t see any telltale signs of lush grass growing. We are situated on lots of rock so the water drains down instead of making it’s way to the surface.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Intervention leads to recommendation for removal of Inxuba Yethemba Mayor - 28 January 2020
- Vote for the best Mayor NMB ever had… - 28 January 2020
- Careful – that beer or wine could contain animal products - 28 January 2020
- PE policeman rewarded for bravery - 27 January 2020
- Bearing the sweet fruit of perseverance - 27 January 2020