It used to be that I got really irritated whenever Facebook popped up a message along these lines; “It’s (so and so’s) birthday today. Why don’t you wish him/her a Happy Birthday?”
Irritated? Because one, even if I DIDN’T need to be reminded I now knew that by going to the birthday person’s wall/page and wishing them Happy Birthday they would know that I had reacted to a Facebook reminder so didn’t really qualify as a friend. Because two, it becomes a pain to have to go and actually write Happy Birthday.
So, cue happy smiles all around when I saw Facebook’s new ‘function’ today – a simple note that said; “It’s Nick Klichowicz’s birthday today. Send him good thoughts!”
WOW – Facebook have developed a new function that allows you to wish someone happy birthday via telepathy – I ALWAYS knew they were cutting edge!
Let me know if you DIDN’T get my good thoughts, Nick and I will think them again whilst staring at my Facebook Page – the internet may have been down the first time!
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Intervention leads to recommendation for removal of Inxuba Yethemba Mayor - 28 January 2020
- Vote for the best Mayor NMB ever had… - 28 January 2020
- Careful – that beer or wine could contain animal products - 28 January 2020
- PE policeman rewarded for bravery - 27 January 2020
- Bearing the sweet fruit of perseverance - 27 January 2020