The sight that all operators wait for – Humpback Whales returning to Algoa Bay. Sightings in 2018 occurred from late May 2018 – as the humpback Whales migrated up the coast towards Madagascar and Seychelles – to to early January 2019 as they cruised down the coast on their way home again. The return home is always exciting as the big males cruise down the coast – relaxed away from Mom and Baby and endlessly curious they breach, spy-hop and (sometimes) use the vessel as a scratching post. Lucky are the guests who get to see Mothers feeding Calves as they cruise through Algoa Bay on their way home.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020