On Monday evening, 12th August, NSRI were alerted to a whale beached at Kabeljous Beach near to Jeffreys Bay.
The Marine Animal Stranding Network were alerted and Marine Scientists and Vets were alerted and activated.
The 11 meter Humpback whale was found to be in a poor condition and suffering.
Marine Animal Stranding Network authorities made the decision to humanely euthanise the whale and on Tuesday morning a police team carried out the humane operation to euthanise the whale under the guidance of marine scientists and vets on the scene.
Kouga Municipality solid waste management are arranging the removal of the whale carcass from the beach under the guidance of Kouga Disaster Risk Management.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 5 December 2019 Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 5 December 2019
- The most destructive mayor in Nelson Mandela Bay’s history REMOVED - 5 December 2019
- Happy 14th Birthday - 5 December 2019
- Awakening the spirit of entrepreneurship in the youth - 5 December 2019
- 08207775555 – the WhatsApp number for MannMade Radio - 5 December 2019