On Monday evening, 12th August, NSRI were alerted to a whale beached at Kabeljous Beach near to Jeffreys Bay.
The Marine Animal Stranding Network were alerted and Marine Scientists and Vets were alerted and activated.
The 11 meter Humpback whale was found to be in a poor condition and suffering.
Marine Animal Stranding Network authorities made the decision to humanely euthanise the whale and on Tuesday morning a police team carried out the humane operation to euthanise the whale under the guidance of marine scientists and vets on the scene.
Kouga Municipality solid waste management are arranging the removal of the whale carcass from the beach under the guidance of Kouga Disaster Risk Management.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Patient evacuation - 23 October 2019
- Why is the African Penguin Population dwindling? - 23 October 2019
- Should we Really Care about the Agulhas Current? - 23 October 2019
- In Case You Failed to Notice - 22 October 2019
- Robin Peterson appointed as Warriors Interim Head Coach - 22 October 2019