The count down to the main Human Rights Day celebration continues. As part of the Human Rights Month events, Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality will on 16 and 17 of March 2016 host Human Rights School Debates. On March 16 the debates will be held at Bay World Museum, on March 17 the debates will be held at Uitenhage Museum. all starting at 10 am. Six schools have been invited to attend the debates.
The debates will focus more on Racism and Human Rights violations. They will also touch on the sacrifices that were made during the Langa Massacre, linking them with the Human Rights that we enjoy today.
The School Debates are envisaged to be a perfect platform for Nelson Mandela Bay to make an honest reflection on areas of Human Rights and Racism through its children.
The main Human Rights Day event will be held on March 21, 2016 at Jabavu Stadium.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019
- These Areas Could Experience Water Cuts Tomorrow - 13 August 2019
- Burial Society to the Rescue - 8 August 2019
- Women to Join in Mayoral Charity Golf Day - 2 August 2019
- No Payments Made to Afrisec - 29 July 2019