The Gilbert and Sullivan Society is now officially a Non Profit Organisation so all donations are tax-deductable.
Celebrating their status the G&S are asking if you can help in any way. Call Rose Cowpar on 072 906 1977.
Rose syas; “Your generosity will make a huge difference as we struggle to keep the wonderful shows coming. Remember that our productions not only entertain hundreds of theatregoers but give so many people in our community the opportunity to learn and grow and experience the magic of theatre. We provide a safe and supportive environment that helps develop life-long skills in self-discipline, organisation and teamwork as well as building confidence and being a great place to make new friends.”
The G&S Committee have a wonderful vision for the Savoy which will need time, energy and considerable funding to achieve.
The Savoy Wish List:
- Kitchen cupboards and appliances
- Carpeting for the auditorium tiers
- Lounges for the foyer and Green Room – isn’t it time to treat yourself to a new one!
- Filing cabinets, bookcases and cupboards for our records and archives
- All types of tools, especially power tools, for set building
- Sound equipment including a sound desk and microphones
- Paint for the auditorium, foyer and bar areas.
- Black paint which we use throughout the theatre all the time
- Repairs to our roof
- Covering for the alley at the side of the building where we store set materials
- Affordable rental accommodation for our costume wardrobe
- New computers for our bar – the current ones are one repair away from disaster
- A concreter to fix our driveway, currently only suitable for off-road vehicles!
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kani Celebration: The Revolution Will not be Televised, The Revolution Will be Live - 24 February 2018
- Huncle and the Way to Eat an Ice cream - 23 February 2018
- Engcobo attack shows that crime is out of control - 22 February 2018
- Leinster vs Southern Kings - 22 February 2018
- ABYC Eviction Attempt – a personal view - 22 February 2018