At roughly 22h00 on 5 March 2016, a fatal head-on accident between a BMW and a LDV occurred on the N2 behind St Marks Church. All the details are not known at this stage, but it is believed that one of the 2 vehicles had taken the wrong freeway onramp and had then collided with the other oncoming vehicle. The N2 was closed to traffic for more than 2 hours to clear the scene. Both drivers died on impact.
Update Sunday afternoon 6 March 2016: Another accident with fatalities took place earleir this morning near the Cape Road/Kragga Kamma/N2 interchange.
According to our reporter on scene, this brings the weekend’s total of fatal accidents to four so far.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kirsty Iversen at Work - 22 January 2020
- The Market Leader in Medium and Heavy Commercial Segments - 22 January 2020
- Oversight inspection at Jubilee Park Primary, Uitenhage - 22 January 2020
- How to choose the the correct legal status for your business - 21 January 2020
- Tell That to the Victims! - 21 January 2020