At roughly 22h00 on 5 March 2016, a fatal head-on accident between a BMW and a LDV occurred on the N2 behind St Marks Church. All the details are not known at this stage, but it is believed that one of the 2 vehicles had taken the wrong freeway onramp and had then collided with the other oncoming vehicle. The N2 was closed to traffic for more than 2 hours to clear the scene. Both drivers died on impact.
Update Sunday afternoon 6 March 2016: Another accident with fatalities took place earleir this morning near the Cape Road/Kragga Kamma/N2 interchange.
According to our reporter on scene, this brings the weekend’s total of fatal accidents to four so far.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why Eskom’s System Remains Vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- Eskom system remains vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- 15% Increase in 2019 Black Friday transactions expected - 12 November 2019
- Don’t Assume - 12 November 2019
- Siya Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour - 11 November 2019