Today, on National Police Day, it is important to acknowledge the men and women in blue who put their lives on the line daily to ensure that our country is a safe place to live in. The DA honours and respects you.
National Police Day is held on 27 January each year to commemorate the establishment of the South African Police Services and to give recognition to police officers for their sacrifice and commitment to upholding safety and security.
A police service that will have pride of place in the minds of the nation must uphold the following key values and standards:
- A police service that is highly visible;
- A police service that is capable of rapid response;
- A police service that is corruption free; and
- A police service that deals with all victims of crime with empathy and on which the community can rely.
The DA thanks those members of the SAPS who are committed to upholding law and order in our communities, often under very trying circumstances. We salute you.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Southern Kings played a hand in the careers of some World Cup-winning Springboks – Port Elizabeth in the News - 13 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Open manhole is an accident waiting to happen - 13 November 2019
- Recognise this guy, Bruce? - 13 November 2019
- Smile John! – Team Sailing League Regatta - 13 November 2019
- Pitso Mosimane says he is not losing any sleep over Kaizer Chiefs – Port Elizabeth Business News - 13 November 2019