The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality will hold a Dr Nelson Mandela Memorial Day today at the Vuyisile Mini Square starting at 13:00. The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University will also form part of the service.
Municipal employees will join the Dr Nelson Mandela Memorial Day human chain from Lillian Diedericks and Mfanasekhaya Gqobose Buildings at 12:00. They will then proceed to Vuyisile Mini Square, where they will participate in the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s prayer service to be held in in honour of our beloved former State President, Dr Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela.
Traffic and Fire Emergency vehicles will activate their sirens from Mount Road to Vuyisile Mini Square, as they move to join the memorial service at 12:00 – 12:30.
Members of the public in their places of work and residents are urged to stand and hold hands by forming a human chain alongside the street in the following places today to demonstrate their appreciation of the uniting efforts that Mandela and his generation imparted on us as citizens:
- Durban Street Taxi Rank
- Bayview Terminus, Korsten
- Pier 14 – Cawood Street Shopping Area
- Govan Mbeki Main Terminus
- Njoli – Daku – Seyisi Roads
- Koyana Street, Zwide
- Mendi Road – Sheya Kulati Drive
- Stanford Road around Cleary Park Shopping Complex
- Motherwell Shopping Complex
- KwaNobuhle Shopping Complex
- Ziyabuya Shopping Complex
- Walmer Park Shopping Mall
- Red Location Museum and Singaphi Street
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Lithuba Lakho Exhibition - 19 February 2020
- Nelson Mandela Bay Water Supply STILL Under Pressure - 18 February 2020
- Mantashe is spanner in the works of President’s energy promises - 14 February 2020
- Grim discovery of electrocuted man the second incident in weeks - 13 February 2020
- LEU’s back online - 13 February 2020