We became aware of a hoax e-mail doing the rounds that encourages the public to pay traffic fines. The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is not responsible for its origin and suspect that the banking details could be fake even though the contact details could be legitimate.
Please note that the municipality will only notify traffic law transgressors via the post (NOT E-MAIL) before payment will be required at the Traffic Department, Customer Care Centres or ABSA Bank.
Please share this message urgently to avoid the theft of a fellow citizen’s hard-earned money.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Possible Water Disruptions in parts of Nelson Mandela Bay - 24 January 2020
- No significant increase in dam levels despite recent intermittent rain - 23 January 2020
- Nine alleged drunk drivers nabbed by Traffic and Metro Police - 1 December 2019
- Festive Season Safety operations focus bearing fruit - 21 November 2019
- Bay still firmly in grip of drought - 19 November 2019