We became aware of a hoax e-mail doing the rounds that encourages the public to pay traffic fines. The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is not responsible for its origin and suspect that the banking details could be fake even though the contact details could be legitimate.
Please note that the municipality will only notify traffic law transgressors via the post (NOT E-MAIL) before payment will be required at the Traffic Department, Customer Care Centres or ABSA Bank.
Please share this message urgently to avoid the theft of a fellow citizen’s hard-earned money.
Latest posts by NMB Communications (see all)
- Broken windows theory the motivation behind cohesive clean-up campaign - 20 October 2019
- Mayor Appeals to Residents - 30 September 2019
- Rapid capture of rapist following law enforcement collaboration - 26 September 2019
- John Tallant Road Expansion Opens - 30 August 2019
- Bay traffic law enforcement bolstered with revival of motorcycle unit - 14 August 2019