Visit and explore more Port Elizabeth videos.
Port Elizabeth’s North End Lake was the venue for a sailing World First on Saturday 26 April 2014 when 37 sailing dinghies took to the water for the very first ever interclub sailing regatta to be held on this inner city lake in the shadow of the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium with sailing taking place along the shores of industry and the suburb of Sydenham. The three day regatta ended on Monday 28 April 2014.
This video shows the start of the race for Fleet 3 on the second day of sailing – a day that brought light wind and a lesson in making boats move for many.
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Unions welcome resignation of SAA’s Martin Kingston – Port Elizabeth Business News - 18 January 2020
- South Africa vs England third Test LIVE: Listen to exclusive commentary from Port Elizabeth on talkSPORT 2 – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 January 2020
- Kagiso Rabada ban: South Africa coach Mark Boucher says emotion could be erased from cricket – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 January 2020
- Africa oil and power conference to focus on LNG, renewable energy – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 January 2020
- Ollie Pope Slams Maiden Test Ton As England Continue To Dominate The Third Test – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 January 2020