Visit and explore more Port Elizabeth videos.
Port Elizabeth’s North End Lake was the venue for a sailing World First on Saturday 26 April 2014 when 37 sailing dinghies took to the water for the very first ever interclub sailing regatta to be held on this inner city lake in the shadow of the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium with sailing taking place along the shores of industry and the suburb of Sydenham. The three day regatta ended on Monday 28 April 2014.
This video shows the start of the race for Fleet 3 on the second day of sailing – a day that brought light wind and a lesson in making boats move for many.
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- SAFA to announce R74 million loss – Port Elizabeth Business News - 5 December 2019
- Alleged rapist who went ‘missing’ after bail- arrested at PE harbour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 5 December 2019
- Intimidation of NMB audit team - 5 December 2019
- EC Municipalities debt to Eskom surpasses the Billion-rand mark - 5 December 2019
- Criminal elements in Education Department must be rooted out - 5 December 2019