What a brilliant day to go sailing down to Port Elizabeth’s Algoa Bay Yacht Club (ABYC). The Vasco Da Gama race started at 12:00 midday on Thursday 27 April 2017.
The 2017 Vasco Da Gama Ocean Sailing race will go down in history as THE RACE when EVERY SINGLE yacht competing finished within the record time set by Nicholas Mace on Gumption in 2015. That record was 2 days, 6 hours and one minute.
#abycpe #durban #sailing #oceanracing – Taken by the Editor whilst wandering aimlessly about pretending to be in the know.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Intervention leads to recommendation for removal of Inxuba Yethemba Mayor - 28 January 2020
- Vote for the best Mayor NMB ever had… - 28 January 2020
- Careful – that beer or wine could contain animal products - 28 January 2020
- PE policeman rewarded for bravery - 27 January 2020
- Bearing the sweet fruit of perseverance - 27 January 2020