The Democratic Alliance in the Eastern Cape and Federal Congress are proud to have honoured Eddie Trent, a former Member of Parliament and Member of the Provincial Legislature for the Democratic Alliance, with one of the organisation’s highest awards.
Eddie received a lifetime achievement award in recognition to his devotion in promoting the Democratic Alliance in South Africa.
Eddie was instrumental in growing structures in the Grahamstown and Port Alfred areas when he was the leader of the Albany Constituency. He also contributed to the establishment of a well-run Provincial Head Office in Clyde Street, Port Elizabeth.
Eddie’s legacy lives on in the Eastern Cape and in Parliament. He dedicated a large part of his life to building the Eastern Cape Democratic Alliance structures and was the first DA Eastern Cape Provincial Leader.
Nqaba Bhanga, DA Eastern Cape Provincial Leader said; “It is with great importance that as the Democratic Alliance we do not just celebrate Eddies contributions, but we celebrate him. We bestow this award upon a great man, Eddie Trent.”
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Springbok Squad Start Gathering in Port Elizabeth - 20 September 2018
- Heavy sentence for abalone poacher - 20 September 2018
- Dear Mayor Bobani – Is Your Statement a Bunch of Porky Pies? - 19 September 2018
- Blockading Taxi Takes a Shotgun Round - 19 September 2018
- Big tests for Kings and Cheetahs - 19 September 2018