The Democratic Alliance in the Eastern Cape and Federal Congress are proud to have honoured Eddie Trent, a former Member of Parliament and Member of the Provincial Legislature for the Democratic Alliance, with one of the organisation’s highest awards.
Eddie received a lifetime achievement award in recognition to his devotion in promoting the Democratic Alliance in South Africa.
Eddie was instrumental in growing structures in the Grahamstown and Port Alfred areas when he was the leader of the Albany Constituency. He also contributed to the establishment of a well-run Provincial Head Office in Clyde Street, Port Elizabeth.
Eddie’s legacy lives on in the Eastern Cape and in Parliament. He dedicated a large part of his life to building the Eastern Cape Democratic Alliance structures and was the first DA Eastern Cape Provincial Leader.
Nqaba Bhanga, DA Eastern Cape Provincial Leader said; “It is with great importance that as the Democratic Alliance we do not just celebrate Eddies contributions, but we celebrate him. We bestow this award upon a great man, Eddie Trent.”
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Thandeka Marwanqa – Jazz’Afro Sundays @ The Barn - 21 May 2018
- NERSA withdraws Small-Scale Embedded Generation Rules draft - 21 May 2018
- Border Trounce EP - 20 May 2018
- Contract secures 2.1 Million Tonnes of Manganese Ore exports annually for Port Elizabeth and Saldanha - 19 May 2018
- R600 million investment at Coega SEZ bearing fruits - 19 May 2018