The Portfolio Committee on Higher Education and Training will this week undertake a week-long oversight visit in Limpopo, where the Committee will, among other things, visit both the University of Limpopo and the University of Venda.
The Committee will also visit Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges – and during the visit meetings will be held with various stakeholders in the sector. The Committee kick-starts its oversight visit at the University of Venda on Tuesday. It will assess infrastructure expansion projects, student housing, Agricultural Centre of Excellence and Food Science Technology Centre. A presentation will also be received from the Student Representative Council and trade unions.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Republic of South Africa: The Parliament.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- City of Cape Town moves to evict occupiers of old circus school – News from GroundUp - 15 December 2019
- Sharing the magic of mosaics – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 December 2019
- Six-year old wounded in PE shooting – three arrested – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 December 2019
- Two gang members arrested for attempted murder: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 15 December 2019
- Sedgefield: A Garden Route summer in SA’s first ‘Slow Town’ – Port Elizabeth Business News - 14 December 2019