The Isuzu Southern Kings remain in high spirits ahead of their first Guinness PRO14 home match where they will take on Ulster at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium on Sunday, September 16 (kick-off at 14h15).
After opening the 2018/19 Guinness PRO14 campaign on the road against Zebre (Italy) and Dragons (Wales), the Eastern Cape side will be hoping to attract a good crowd to kick-off the home campaign in Port Elizabeth.
“It is always awesome playing in front of our supportive home crowd. We look forward to continuing playing some good rugby and starting off our campaign at home well.
“It’s going to be a massive game against Ulster, who have just come off two close wins. They will obviously come out firing hoping to keep their winning streak, so it will be a massive one for us.”
Following a narrow defeat last weekend against Dragons, the team captain remains positive and optimistic that the side can build from the positive signs displayed in the opening two matches of the season.
“We are showing some good signs and making strides,” said Willemse.
“We are very close to a win. We know it is going to be a tough few weeks ahead for us, but we remain optimistic about things. If we can just cut out some silly errors, but the group is getting stronger.”
The Isuzu Southern Kings and Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium will provide great entertainment at the “Sunday Fun Day” with amazing events and give-aways throughout the day.
The day’s entertainment will include:
- A supervised kids zone
- Beer garden
- Live music
- Food trucks
- Kick for Cash competition
- Players signing session
Gates at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium open at 12pm on Sunday.
Ticket are available at the NMB Stadium Ticketpro office and all Ticketpro outlets.
- R150 for the Royal Lounge
- R50 for the East Stand
- R20 for kids and students (available only at the NMB Stadium Ticket Office)
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Cheetahs edge injury time victory - 18 January 2019
- Time to sort this Red Location Museum ‘MESS’ out once and for all - 18 January 2019
- POPCRU on #Bosasagate - 18 January 2019
- That I could be Good Enough to live as long as the co-inventor of the Lithium-ion battery - 18 January 2019
- Fishing Trawler Assisted in Big Seas - 17 January 2019