It has been reported by some residents their concerns regarding the high traffic volumes and speeding on the Old Seaview Road in particular.
We advise our local residents to please take extra care on the Old Seaview Road when:
- entering and exiting your driveways,
- when walking on or near the road
- when walking your dogs
- when riding or walking horses
- when cycling
As you should be aware by now, the New Seaview Road is closed due to flooding, and will probably remain so for at least 1 to 2 months (or longer) assuming no further rain.
The Old Seaview Road is now having to carry all the additional traffic from Kini Bay, Seaview, Beachview and other outlying areas.
What we are seeing is motorists that are delayed, and frustrated by the detour through our area .
Yes, there is speeding and dangerous driving occurring on a daily basis, however, it is our recommendation to rather not cycle, walk or horse ride on the Old Seaview Road until the situation has normalised.
We will see if we can get the Traffic authorities to monitor and control the situation, however, we advise caution as being in your best interests until the situation is normalised or controlled.
Thanks & Regards,
Chelsea Buffelsfontein Residents Association
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Siya inspires young boys ahead of Rugby World Cup – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 September 2019
- Billabong Junior Seal Point Pro 2019 Presented By BOS Heads for Cape St Francis This Weekend – MyPR.co.za - 20 September 2019
- Habana hails ‘inspirational’ Kolisi on eve of World Cup blockbuster – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 September 2019
- Bobani administration continues to rack up frivolous legal bills - 20 September 2019
- Wheelchair Wednesday campaign hits target of 1 000 – MyPR.co.za - 20 September 2019