It has been reported by some residents their concerns regarding the high traffic volumes and speeding on the Old Seaview Road in particular.
We advise our local residents to please take extra care on the Old Seaview Road when:
- entering and exiting your driveways,
- when walking on or near the road
- when walking your dogs
- when riding or walking horses
- when cycling
As you should be aware by now, the New Seaview Road is closed due to flooding, and will probably remain so for at least 1 to 2 months (or longer) assuming no further rain.
The Old Seaview Road is now having to carry all the additional traffic from Kini Bay, Seaview, Beachview and other outlying areas.
What we are seeing is motorists that are delayed, and frustrated by the detour through our area .
Yes, there is speeding and dangerous driving occurring on a daily basis, however, it is our recommendation to rather not cycle, walk or horse ride on the Old Seaview Road until the situation has normalised.
We will see if we can get the Traffic authorities to monitor and control the situation, however, we advise caution as being in your best interests until the situation is normalised or controlled.
Thanks & Regards,
Chelsea Buffelsfontein Residents Association
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Cricket-Warner calls for respect from S Africa fans – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 February 2020
- Greenmarket Square traders want protesting refugees removed – News from GroundUp - 20 February 2020
- BWW Review: MASTER HAROLD… AND THE BOYS at Arizona Theatre Company – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 February 2020
- Warner calls for respect from South Africa fans – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 February 2020
- Councillors are not supposed to be involved in anything related to tenders - 20 February 2020