With the power system remaining tight and vulnerable, there is a high probability of load shedding today, Eskom said on Wednesday.
“Eskom did not implement rotational load shedding yesterday, but the risk of load shedding remains high for today as the system is still tight and vulnerable. Load shedding will only be implemented if absolutely necessary,” said Eskom.
The power utility on Wednesday encouraged residents and businesses to use electricity sparingly during this period.
“Please switch off geysers as well as all non-essential lighting and electricity appliances to assist in reducing demand.”
Eskom advised customers to keep checking their load shedding schedules on the Eskom or municipal website, and plan on the assumption that load shedding will take place.
For Eskom customers, these schedules are available on the Eskom website (http://loadshedding.eskom.co.za). Eskom customers can also contact the customer contact centre on 0860 037 566. – SAnews.gov.za
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why Eskom’s System Remains Vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- Eskom system remains vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- 15% Increase in 2019 Black Friday transactions expected - 12 November 2019
- Don’t Assume - 12 November 2019
- Siya Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour - 11 November 2019