After last weekend’s first-ever South African Derby in the Guinness PRO14 the Toyota Cheetahs will host the Southern Kings in Bloemfontein to complete their back-to-back fixtures. The Cheetahs showed a lot of muscle in last weekend’s game in Port Elizabeth scoring two tries in the final 10 minutes while down to 13 players.
The Kings, however, showed flashes of excellent play and were much more competitive than the final score of 45-21 suggested as they game played out in front of 6,711 – the highest crowd for a Southern Kings home game this season.
Once again, the game will be televised in South Africa on SuperSport One (16:55) and in the UK and Ireland on Sky Sports Main Event (14:55) Channel 401. After this fixture is completed then the Cheetahs and the Kings will be level on games played with the rest of the teams in the Guinness PRO14.
Much like last weekend, the mission remains the same for both teams. The Toyota Cheetahs are aiming to close the gap on 2nd placed Munster in Conference A – a bonus point win will put the men from the Free State within three points of the Irish province. For the Kings, they are still in search of their first win in Conference B.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Top Table - 16 August 2019
- 2 deceased in tragic boating accident - 16 August 2019
- OUTA plans to challenge the AARTO Amendment Act - 16 August 2019
- 10 Out of 11 Isuzu Southern Kings Games to be played at NMB Stadium - 16 August 2019
- The scene from which the Team Sailing League will kick off on 14 September 2019 - 16 August 2019