The Grahamstown Cluster SAPS is making an appeal to the community to be vigilant following the recent reports where Rhinos have been killed by callous criminals just outside of Grahamstown. As the investigation continues, an appeal is made to the community to report crime and criminal activities to their local SAPS.
The following can be reported:
- any vehicles sighted or parked for a prololonged period in the area close to the game reserves.
- Light aircraft, choppers or handgliders that are flying low over the area that is close to a game farm.
- Persons making enquiries on information about Rhinos
The community can also register as informants with the SAPS. An informant is any member of the community who provide information to the SAPS of any known criminal or criminal activities in the area. All positive information is rewarded by an informant fee. All information is treated with confidence.
Community members are urged to get involved with the Community Policing Forums and Sector Forums. At these platforms, general information on how to combat crime can be shared.
Any person with information on wildlife crime can sms or leave a message on the tip off line 078 696 9494 / or contact the following persons directly in the Grahamstown Cluster Warrant Officer Francois Vos on 084 405 4398 or Captain George Green on 082 442 3685
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Sheryl says that Oom Ben was the best Mayor NMB ever had - 29 January 2020
- Can you help identify body found in Bethelsdorp Lake? - 29 January 2020
- Intervention leads to recommendation for removal of Inxuba Yethemba Mayor - 28 January 2020
- Vote for the best Mayor NMB ever had… - 28 January 2020
- Careful – that beer or wine could contain animal products - 28 January 2020