Andrew Reed writes:
“In my family research, I was shown quite a few of these group ‘Dance’ photos. I can identify my grandfather’s aunt, Eleanor Woolard (nee Reed), but not sure of the rest and I do not even think I would even know what my grandfather looked like at 12/13, if he were there!
The one photo has ‘The Oceania Dance Orchestra, Pier Street’ up front, and others have a few important looking folk. Maybe someone out there may recognise a relative in there, there are so many faces! I do not know if some of them are charity or club events.
Let me know if you are able (or willing) to shed some light on the circumstances surrounding these pics, they are certainly interesting from a local social history perspective. Some could be from as late as 1934/35.
Regards and hopefully you will enjoy this window to the past!
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Azamara® Expands Partnership with World Wildlife Fund to Unveil Destination Conservation Shore Excursions and Themed-Sailings, a First for WWF – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 December 2019
- Farmers turn to government en masse as EC drought worsens – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Madibaz women take bronze at USSA water polo week – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Warren and the Lightweight – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 December 2019
- Mamelodi floods: “I watched as my shack was swept away” – News from GroundUp - 12 December 2019