Andrew Reed writes:
“In my family research, I was shown quite a few of these group ‘Dance’ photos. I can identify my grandfather’s aunt, Eleanor Woolard (nee Reed), but not sure of the rest and I do not even think I would even know what my grandfather looked like at 12/13, if he were there!
The one photo has ‘The Oceania Dance Orchestra, Pier Street’ up front, and others have a few important looking folk. Maybe someone out there may recognise a relative in there, there are so many faces! I do not know if some of them are charity or club events.
Let me know if you are able (or willing) to shed some light on the circumstances surrounding these pics, they are certainly interesting from a local social history perspective. Some could be from as late as 1934/35.
Regards and hopefully you will enjoy this window to the past!
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Security guards on strike in Mpumalanga after province fails to pay – News from GroundUp - 23 January 2020
- Ford v Ferrari movie cars to be recreated for fans – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 January 2020
- Welcome to the Bullring: the fastest pitch in world cricket – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 January 2020
- Charity and welfare organisations suffer while NMB delays payments - 23 January 2020
- MIN PENG - 23 January 2020