The Feather Market Organ Society invites all music lovers to their first lunch-hour organ recital of 2018 on the grand organ of the Feather Market Centre on Thursday 8 February at 13:00 by the renowned Pretoria organist, Prof. Theo van Wyk. He holds a Doctor’s degree in Organ Performance and has given organ recitals all over the world.
The programme of 50 minutes will include well-known works such as Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D minor – probably the most popular organ work ever written, as well as Widor’s famous Toccata from his 5th Organ Symphony and other Romantic pieces for which the Feather Market organ is particularly well suited.
Admission is only R35 and for pensioners R30. Entrance is free for scholars and students.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 11.3% increase in revenue for Transnet - 20 August 2018
- Bay’s first ‘edu-entrepreneurship’ hub kicks off - 20 August 2018
- NASA Astronaut to Land in Port Elizabeth in September - 20 August 2018
- Landowners urged to join fight to increase run-off to dams amid crippling drought - 20 August 2018
- 5 Savings Strategy Tips - 20 August 2018