The Feather Market Organ Society invites all music lovers to their first lunch-hour organ recital of 2018 on the grand organ of the Feather Market Centre on Thursday 8 February at 13:00 by the renowned Pretoria organist, Prof. Theo van Wyk. He holds a Doctor’s degree in Organ Performance and has given organ recitals all over the world.
The programme of 50 minutes will include well-known works such as Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D minor – probably the most popular organ work ever written, as well as Widor’s famous Toccata from his 5th Organ Symphony and other Romantic pieces for which the Feather Market organ is particularly well suited.
Admission is only R35 and for pensioners R30. Entrance is free for scholars and students.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Homecoming for Amanda Black - 19 February 2019
- Baakens River Pedestrian Bridge - 19 February 2019
- The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round - 19 February 2019
- Why one of Newton Park’s Last Roads to be tarred was McAdam Street - 19 February 2019
- Here is what you must pay staff in terms of the National Minimum Wage (NMW) Act. - 18 February 2019