Havelock Street and Square in Central will be coming alive with entertainment, stalls and family fun on Saturday, July 28 at the first Market on Havelock fair.
Organised by St Johns Methodist Church on Havelock street, proceeds will go to community programmes supported by the church, according to organiser Kerryn Barton.
Entertainers will include favourites Wayne Kallis and Brent Krain, Russel Sneyd and Dill Jones from the local Band “All We’ve Known” as well as up and coming performer James van der Merwe and other local performers, she says.
Havelock street will be closed to allow it to be lined with stallholders.
In addition to a tea garden and pancake bar, there will be four international food stalls.
They will be selling everything from handcrafts to previously loved goods and electric appliances.
For bargain hunters and collectors there will also be a white elephant stall.
Entertainment for the youngsters includes competitions, games, a jumping castle and a jungle gym.
Secure parking will be available.
The festivities start at nine in the morning and end after lunch.
Entry to the fair is free.
Ministries supported by St Johns include Loaves and Fishes, Samaritans, and A.R.K. (Acts of Random Kindness).
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Is Wright Right? - 22 February 2020
- The Types of Skills Leaving South Africa - 22 February 2020
- How to boost your chances of getting a joint bond - 21 February 2020
- Elrigh Louw Back In Starting XV For Isuzu Southern Kings - 21 February 2020
- Humansdorp to march against rising crime and gangsterism - 21 February 2020