As someone who seems to have a weakness for Blue (and sometimes with White added) brands eg. Chelsea, BMW, NASDAQ, Stormers, Samsung, Hewlett Packard etc. I was horrified to see the Nike logo on Chelsea F.C soccer shirts.
Nothing wrong with the Chelsea Nike rhyme, and I can be an extreme freethinker, but besides the money involved in their tie-up, it is hard to think what Roman Abramovich & his board of directors were thinking.
It makes me think about a lady who was asked why she doesn’t get herself a Tattoo and she retorted; “Have you ever seen a Bumper Sticker on a Bentley?”
Thousand apologies to Nike (and fans), but the Chelsea and Nike partnership is as noble as Lamborghini returning to its roots of building farming tractors before Ferrucchio Lamborghini was insulted by Enzo Ferrari and decided on building supercars out of spite.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE Business News: Manufacturing Indaba Eastern Cape hosts breakfast presentations - 20 May 2019
- King Williams Town News: 2018 Toyota Avanza 1.5 SX for sale in Eastern Cape - 20 May 2019
- Grahamstown News: Identity of corpse found in Grahamstown still a mystery - 20 May 2019
- 14 ft. Skiff sailing [video] - 20 May 2019
- Makhanda News: England beat Pakistan in 5th ODI, win series 4-0 - 19 May 2019