As someone who seems to have a weakness for Blue (and sometimes with White added) brands eg. Chelsea, BMW, NASDAQ, Stormers, Samsung, Hewlett Packard etc. I was horrified to see the Nike logo on Chelsea F.C soccer shirts.
Nothing wrong with the Chelsea Nike rhyme, and I can be an extreme freethinker, but besides the money involved in their tie-up, it is hard to think what Roman Abramovich & his board of directors were thinking.
It makes me think about a lady who was asked why she doesn’t get herself a Tattoo and she retorted; “Have you ever seen a Bumper Sticker on a Bentley?”
Thousand apologies to Nike (and fans), but the Chelsea and Nike partnership is as noble as Lamborghini returning to its roots of building farming tractors before Ferrucchio Lamborghini was insulted by Enzo Ferrari and decided on building supercars out of spite.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- JBay Winterfest: Favourites Tumble At Corona Open JBay – MyPR.co.za - 19 July 2019
- PE Business News: South Africa: Taste Holdings CEO Lays Out Leaner, Meaner Starbucks Expansion - 19 July 2019
- Bhisho News: South Africa: Be Accountable Like Mandela, Public Protector Urges Provincial Executives - 18 July 2019
- Women’s Day dance showcase highlights the power of women – MyPR.co.za - 18 July 2019
- King Williams Town News: 3 Bedroom Townhouse for Sale in King Williams Town Central - 18 July 2019