As someone who seems to have a weakness for Blue (and sometimes with White added) brands eg. Chelsea, BMW, NASDAQ, Stormers, Samsung, Hewlett Packard etc. I was horrified to see the Nike logo on Chelsea F.C soccer shirts.
Nothing wrong with the Chelsea Nike rhyme, and I can be an extreme freethinker, but besides the money involved in their tie-up, it is hard to think what Roman Abramovich & his board of directors were thinking.
It makes me think about a lady who was asked why she doesn’t get herself a Tattoo and she retorted; “Have you ever seen a Bumper Sticker on a Bentley?”
Thousand apologies to Nike (and fans), but the Chelsea and Nike partnership is as noble as Lamborghini returning to its roots of building farming tractors before Ferrucchio Lamborghini was insulted by Enzo Ferrari and decided on building supercars out of spite.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- King Williams Town News: Two killed in head-on collision near King William’s Town - 18 March 2019
- PE Business News: Brussels to Port Elizabeth flights - 18 March 2019
- Mthatha News: Fight against stock theft is gaining momentum in the Eastern Cape - 18 March 2019
- Makhanda News: Let’s do for the ECape what we did for the WCape – Mmusi Maimane - 17 March 2019
- Bhisho News: Weather forecast forBhisho, Eastern Cape (South Africa) - 17 March 2019