As someone who seems to have a weakness for Blue (and sometimes with White added) brands eg. Chelsea, BMW, NASDAQ, Stormers, Samsung, Hewlett Packard etc. I was horrified to see the Nike logo on Chelsea F.C soccer shirts.
Nothing wrong with the Chelsea Nike rhyme, and I can be an extreme freethinker, but besides the money involved in their tie-up, it is hard to think what Roman Abramovich & his board of directors were thinking.
It makes me think about a lady who was asked why she doesn’t get herself a Tattoo and she retorted; “Have you ever seen a Bumper Sticker on a Bentley?”
Thousand apologies to Nike (and fans), but the Chelsea and Nike partnership is as noble as Lamborghini returning to its roots of building farming tractors before Ferrucchio Lamborghini was insulted by Enzo Ferrari and decided on building supercars out of spite.
Luyanda Marlon Kama
Kwa-Dwesi, Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: South Africa: Deadly Pit Toilets and the Right to a Basic Education - 10 December 2018
- Empty – Humewood Port Elizabeth - 10 December 2018
- King Williams Town News: Upcoming Events Events in King Williams Town - 10 December 2018
- Mthatha News: Maftown Heights honours HHP - 10 December 2018
- PE Business News: Three expected in court over Port Elizabeth business robbery - 10 December 2018