We are now 3 days after the Ironman event that was won by local hero Raynard Tissink on Sunday 10 April 2011.
Living in an online world I gauge the popularity of events using a number of indicators such as YouTube videos, Blog mentions and the like. I am sure that you would agree that a strong gauge of popularity of an event online is the number of YouTube videos that one is able to view directly after the event.
I am very saddened to say that I can only find 3 relevant YouTube videos for all of the searches that I have done:
- WARNING ironman burnout in South Africa 2011 (A John Sweet Ironman Video Parody – see below),
- Matteo Andreis Ironman South Africa 10 April 2011 – 10h 32min 41secs and
- RSR 27 – My friend, the IronMan.
What a very poor show.
The Schoenies Ironman shows just how EXTREME he is:
My favourite image from the Watersport leg: (More Ironman Swimming images HERE)
Although there do seem to be quite a few blog articles mentioning “Ironman Port Elizabeth”:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why I Want to Give Up Social Media - 20 January 2020
- Firearms recovered and suspects arrested - 19 January 2020
- What a birthday gift - 18 January 2020
- Should I Turn it Off or Turn it On? - 17 January 2020
- Great news for prospective property buyers and homeowners alike - 17 January 2020