Now here is something that I really struggle with.
Much like I tell the opposition political parties; “If you want to be the next party in power then you had better start acting like a responsible party with a plan – this continual negative criticism, sniping and scoring of ‘political points’ does not say to me that you are responsible and ready to take power but rather demonstrates that you just want to feed at the trough.”
So how did Women’s Day get me going like this?
Simple – our government has a Department of Women, Children and People with Disabilities – I have heard many women complain that they don’t want to share resources with children and people with disabilities (tongue in cheek I am sure). But men don’t get to share a department looking after their concerns or wellbeing! Somehow and in some twisted way I think that continual harping at the rights of Women, Children and People with Disabilities only serves to marginalise and divide society even further. If you shine a light on something sometimes it doesn’t quite work out the way you wanted.
Maybe I am mired in the detail and don’t see the larger picture – so would someone please explain it to me?
While you think about it vote in our poll:
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Toyota Cheetahs will enter match as favourites - 23 January 2020
- Municipal boundary determination process gets underway - 23 January 2020
- Road fatalities down by 10% - 23 January 2020
- Shawn Govender – New Plant Manager of the Ford Struandale Engine Plant - 23 January 2020
- Water From Air Project Receives Stars of Africa Award - 23 January 2020