I would like to wish all South Africans a prosperous 2019 on behalf of the Democratic Alliance (DA). Whilst 2018 brought with it a number of changes and challenges, we have within us the resilience as a nation to build a brighter future in 2019.
Our priorities should be to build an economy that is inclusive, ensure all are safe in their homes and deliver better basic services.
The economy must accommodate the matriculants who will leave school this year and inspire hope to all people.
2019 must be a year where we build on our 1994 consensus of constitutionalism and non-racialism.
South Africa must belong to all who live in it regardless of race, gender or the circumstances of their birth.
This is crucial as we go into an election where many will seek to divide. We must unite as South Africans against the efforts of those who seek to divide us.
Let 2019 be a year where we build a future for all future generations.
Leader of the Democratic Alliance
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Fans return as Zinnbauer’s Pirates start to purr – Port Elizabeth Business News - 29 January 2020
- ‘I wish elections were held every month,’ says Motherwell voter – Port Elizabeth in the News - 29 January 2020
- Incentive for runners to enter SPAR Women’s Challenge – MyPR.co.za - 29 January 2020
- Uitenhage News: New ways of seeing Sobukwe - 29 January 2020
- Anon E. Mouse says that @AtholT was the best Mayor NMB ever had - 29 January 2020