I would like to wish all South Africans a prosperous 2019 on behalf of the Democratic Alliance (DA). Whilst 2018 brought with it a number of changes and challenges, we have within us the resilience as a nation to build a brighter future in 2019.
Our priorities should be to build an economy that is inclusive, ensure all are safe in their homes and deliver better basic services.
The economy must accommodate the matriculants who will leave school this year and inspire hope to all people.
2019 must be a year where we build on our 1994 consensus of constitutionalism and non-racialism.
South Africa must belong to all who live in it regardless of race, gender or the circumstances of their birth.
This is crucial as we go into an election where many will seek to divide. We must unite as South Africans against the efforts of those who seek to divide us.
Let 2019 be a year where we build a future for all future generations.
Leader of the Democratic Alliance
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Hero teacher saves teen cyclist – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 October 2019
- Vacant Land / Plot for Sale in Kabega – Port Elizabeth Business News - 21 October 2019
- Uitenhage News: Volkswagen Group vehicle deliveries up 9.2% in September - 21 October 2019
- Big Wave Charger Matt Bromley Launches High Performance and Barrel Riding Online Course – MyPR.co.za - 21 October 2019
- Sexual assault: Pastor Omotosho’s trial in South Africa postponed again – Port Elizabeth in the News - 21 October 2019