Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Thanks for reading, caring and sharing …
©2013 Edward C. Lunnon
Monday 28 October 2013: 7 years 1 month on …
Physical: Advantage CBD / Mental: Deuce
Today, 28 October, is the birthday of Harry Oppenheimer, Bill Gates, Julia Roberts, Matt Smith and Frank Ocean.
For me, most importantly, though, it is also the birthday of Doris (Stanbridge) Lunnon – my late mother. She was born in Maitland, Cape Town on 28 October 1931. She would have been 82 today.
But she passed away in The Strand, 27 years ago in 1986, after a heart attack at the age of 55.
It would have been great to have you over for dinner tonight, Mom. Maybe we would have even gone out for something special – that’s the way we do things in our Lunnon house nowadays. Maybe you know that!
I’m not sure where you hang out nowadays. Sometimes, I think you are really close by!
View original post 516 more words
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage News: 23 hours and seven minutes of Anrich Nortje - 19 January 2020
- Dom Bess’s historic five-for turns the screw for England against South Africa – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 January 2020
- Residents look forward to government officials travelling on potholed road and “feeling their pain” – News from GroundUp - 18 January 2020
- Joe Root has youthful England on right track, says Nasser Hussain – Port Elizabeth Business News - 18 January 2020
- Dom Bess gets five-wicket haul but bad weather and dropped catches hold England up in South Africa – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 January 2020