Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Thanks for reading, caring and sharing …
©2013 Edward C. Lunnon
Monday 28 October 2013: 7 years 1 month on …
Physical: Advantage CBD / Mental: Deuce
Today, 28 October, is the birthday of Harry Oppenheimer, Bill Gates, Julia Roberts, Matt Smith and Frank Ocean.
For me, most importantly, though, it is also the birthday of Doris (Stanbridge) Lunnon – my late mother. She was born in Maitland, Cape Town on 28 October 1931. She would have been 82 today.
But she passed away in The Strand, 27 years ago in 1986, after a heart attack at the age of 55.
It would have been great to have you over for dinner tonight, Mom. Maybe we would have even gone out for something special – that’s the way we do things in our Lunnon house nowadays. Maybe you know that!
I’m not sure where you hang out nowadays. Sometimes, I think you are really close by!
View original post 516 more words
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Apartment / Flat to Rent in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 6 December 2019
- SAFA to announce R74 million loss – Port Elizabeth Business News - 5 December 2019
- Alleged rapist who went ‘missing’ after bail- arrested at PE harbour – Port Elizabeth in the News - 5 December 2019
- Intimidation of NMB audit team - 5 December 2019
- EC Municipalities debt to Eskom surpasses the Billion-rand mark - 5 December 2019