Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
Our boys learned and played with Jan and Siya. Now these two are Springboks.
Siya is the captain – the first black person to hold this position in South Africa.
He was “discovered” in Mossel Bay by teacher and scout Andrewe Hayidakis.
I taught Andrewe at Grey High in Port Elizabeth and the two youngsters are the sons of Andrewe and Charlene.
Andrewe is now the deputy headmaster of Grey Junior Bloemfontein. Jan moved from Grey Junior Port Elizabeth to Grey College Bloemfontein to complete his schooling.
Tomorrow the Springboks play England in the 2nd rugby test in Bloemfontein.
Tomorrow is Youth Day – the 42nd anniversary of the uprisings by the school children of Soweto and which some may say signaled the beginnings of the New South Africa.
Tomorrow is Siya’s 27th birthday.
The circle of life knows no bounds …
Source: BrainStorms – Ed Lunnon’s Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Focus on road safety this Festive Season - 14 December 2018
- King Williams Town News: Eastern Cape Initiation Death Toll Rises To 15 - 14 December 2018
- Uitenhage News: There’s Someone in South Africa Daily Driving a Crazy Rare Volkswagen Prototype Like It’s No Big Deal - 14 December 2018
- A Victory for SA - 14 December 2018
- PE Business News: Here’s why young buyers are snapping up homes in Port Elizabeth - 14 December 2018