Posting your thoughts, pictures and video on Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the like can be gratifying. BUT, unless you are right there when it is posted it can be somewhat difficult to find a particular post, image or video a day or week later.
Reason: Sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram do not have the best or most intuitive search facilities around and concentrate on the ‘latest’ postings rather than the ‘best’.
At the end of the day the best way to find anything is via a search engine such as Google and that is the reason why finding that elusive video on YouTube is a little easier.
SEO Tip for YouTube Vloggers and content producers: Make sure that you make use of the description box under your video to describe your content and use words that people will use to search for your content.
The normal way for people to get their content noticed after posting is:
- Share to all other social media networks
- Post on all sites under your control
- Use email to further the reach
- Pay for adverts
- Rinse and Repeat
The holy grail for longevity and to make content easier to find is to ensure that it can also be found on the Search Engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go and the like.
Of course getting that content to be found and linked to from authorative web sites is the Holy Grail of Search Engine Optimisation.
Why? Search Engines ensure that any piece of content has longevity and can be found for years after being posted.
Quality video costs money and the people paying want a return on investment.
One of the ways to broaden your reach and get the search engines to notice you is by having your content featured on a web site that has Domain Authority with the search engines.
Domain Authority is a combination of the following:
- Age of the Domain – the younger the less authority
- Links – The number of links your website has to it, as well as the quality of those links.
- Root domains – The number of different links your website has. The more varied (but related) websites you have linking to you, the higher your score in this area.
- Search engine friendliness – Basically how user-friendly your website is based on its overall structure.
- Quality content – Google and other search engines take into account the quality of your website’s content. Sites must have an editorial policy and not publish content that varies dramatically from that.
- Social media signals – How many times a piece of content has been shared, liked, or commented on via social media platforms.
The competition to be seen is on the increase resulting in YouTube releasing their Premieres product which allows you to build the hype around your next video release. Through Premieres you will get the time and tools to promote your video and engage with fans through live chat long before the actual event.
AlgoaLive makes it easy for you to include YouTube Premieres in the, easy to use AlgoaLive SHARE submission – Choose YouTube Live from the dropdown and enter the Day and Time that your live video is scheduled for.
More Info on Hands Up if you have ever said; “I know that video is SOMEWHERE on Facebook/Twitter!” here: https://algoalive.co.za
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- The Reason for the Steynsburg violence - 18 October 2019
- Zonke Dikana – Biography, Songs & Love Life of the South African Singer – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 October 2019
- Recall of IPTS grant funding to bankrupt Nelson Mandela Bay - 18 October 2019
- Go Jason – Team Sailing League Regatta - 18 October 2019
- Drought-stricken farmers deserve relief now - 18 October 2019