Entries for the annual Pretty Things for Little Things campaign, sponsored by Shoprite in conjunction with Age-in-Action, are open. Customers, especially senior citizens, are encouraged to put their creative talents to work and make much needed toys and clothes for children in disadvantaged communities.
There are four different competition categories: soft toys, blankets, clothing and “other” – which includes articles made from materials such as wood, tin or wire.
Entries close Thursday 31 August and items can be entered at any Shoprite store in South Africa or any of the Age-in-Action regional offices.
Three winners per category will be selected in each province as well as nationally. The provincial winners each receive vouchers to the value of R2 000, R1 500 and R1 000 for first, second and third places respectively. National winners receive vouchers to the value of R5 000, R3 000 and R2 000 for the top three positions respectively. The vouchers can be used at any Shoprite store nationwide.
The Pretty Things for Little Things campaign is part of Shoprite’s #ActForChange initiative – an ongoing commitment to giving back to the local communities in which it operates.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- WATCH: Kolisi vows to make a change – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 November 2019
- JBay Surfer Matt McGillivray Edges Closer To Championship Tour Qualification – MyPR.co.za - 22 November 2019
- Amsterdamhoek Dusk – Port Elizabeth - 22 November 2019
- Farmers in crisis as goal posts shifted for drought relief applications - 22 November 2019
- Committed to developing young leaders - 22 November 2019