The Gupta Family said:
Since our decision to step down from all executive and non-executive positions in all our South African business in April 2016, the local management team has grown our businesses from strength to strength, with turnover and profits showing good growth and more jobs created.
As a family, we now believe that the time is right for us to exit our shareholding of the South African businesses which we believe will benefit our existing employees, and lead to further growth in the businesses.
As such, we announce today our intention to sell all of our shareholding in South Africa by the end of the year.
We are already in discussions with several international prospective buyers and will soon be in a position to make further announcements.
We believe that this decision is in the best interests of our business, the country and our colleagues.
Distributed by APO on behalf of Oakbay Investments.
Gary Naidoo, spokesperson for the Gupta Family
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: Bhisho’s new chief whip not taking duties lightly - 27 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Like father like son… except when it comes to voting for this Mthatha duo - 27 May 2019
- Makhanda News: Presidency: Cabinet announcement to be made later in the week, not Monday - 26 May 2019
- PE Business News: NMB Business Chamber records surge in certificates of origin issued in Q1 - 26 May 2019
- Why Paul Supports NMB’s bid for The Ocean Race – #TheOceanRaceinNMB - 26 May 2019