The immediate following of information soon after the commission of a crime inevitably produces results.
On Friday 13 October, a 23-year-old gang affiliate was arrested by the Provincial Gang Investigation Unit for the alleged murder of an 18-year-old youth.
According to police information, on 13 October at about 23:30 Genricho Sampson (18) and a friend (22) were walking in an open field between St Martin and St Charles Streets in Ext 28 in Bethelsdorp on their way to sell a car radio. Two suspects allegedly approached them from behind and started shooting at the two victims.
Sampson was shot multiple times while the witness escaped unharmed. The deceased and the victim are from the Guptas gang while the suspects are from the Vampires gang.
Within three hours, the Provincial Gang Unit members arrested one suspect at a house in St Martin Street. He will appear in court on Monday, 16/10 on a charge of murder.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kings and Cheetahs go Down Against Irish - 17 February 2019
- Masualle – E Cape’s job creation efforts reaping rewards - 15 February 2019
- Let’s put the size of SA’s Automotive Market in Persepective - 15 February 2019
- Lisa Yengeni - 15 February 2019
- Living from pay cheque to pay cheque? - 15 February 2019