A Grahamstown woman whose son allegedly abused her has been arrested for his murder, Eastern Cape police said on Tuesday.
Rosy Links, 38, appeared in the Grahamstown Magistrate’s Court on Monday following the death of her son, Vuyolwethu, 17, at their home in the Sun City informal settlement, Captain Mali Govender said.
She was arrested in the early hours of Sunday after he was stabbed to death. Links would remain in custody until her bail application on January 18.
“At this stage it is believed that there is a possibility the youngster used to abuse his mother,” Govender said.
Kaveel Singh, News24
Latest posts by News24Wire (see all)
- Marinda Mills trial date set - 15 March 2016
- MP and official crash into one another - 15 March 2016
- St Albans prison warder kidnapped, raped by escapee - 10 March 2016
- No Witnesses to daylight killing - 19 February 2016
- Port Elizabeth DA councillor guilty of misusing funds - 16 February 2016